Masquers Playhouse is pleased to announce auditions for its upcoming production of:
And Then There Were None
By Agatha Christie
Directed by Kit Lanthier & Jason Berner
Ten strangers arrive on an isolated island. Before long, they start dying off, one by one.
Nine. . . Eight. . . Seven. . . will anyone survive? Agatha Christie’s classic thriller will keep
audiences guessing until the last, breathless moment. This production will feature two
alternate endings, to be performed on alternating nights: Christie’s original ending of the
1939 novel, and the updated 1943 ending of the play, also written by Christie.
- Sunday, September 11th from 6pm – 9pm
- Monday, September 12th from 7pm – 10pm
Please make an appointment for an audition slot. You only need to attend one day. Please sign up using Sign Up Genius here. Auditions and callbacks will be at Masquers Playhouse – 105 Park Place, Richmond, CA 94801
Preparation: Please bring a headshot and resume if you have them, and a list of all known conflicts. Actors will be asked to read from sides.
Callbacks: Callbacks will be coordinated as needed on Saturday, September 17th.
Rehearsals: Rehearsals will begin in mid-November, with short breaks for major holidays. We will try to schedule around actors’ conflicts where possible. Tech Week will be 1/22 – 1/27 – please no conflicts during tech week. Schedule will be finalized before rehearsals begin.
Performances: Four-week run from January 27th, 2023 through February 19th, 2023. Performances are Friday and Saturday nights at 8 pm and Sundays at 2 pm. There may be Thursday night performances at 8 pm; if so, these dates will be finalized by the first rehearsal. Please no conflicts for performances.
COVID Protocols: Proof of full vaccination is required to audition. You must remain masked in the theater when not on stage auditioning. You may unmask during your audition.
Roles: All genders, ages, ethnicities, and body types are encouraged to audition. Roles are non-pay, non-AEA.
– Rogers – the Manservant (any adult age)
– Mrs Rogers – the Housekeeper (any adult age; similar to Rogers)
– Fred Narracott – the Boatman (any / may be double-cast with Marston)
– Anthony Marston – the Playboy (20’s – early 30’s)
– W. Blore – the Private Detective (any adult age)
– General MacKenzie – the General (50+)
– Emily Brent – the Spinster (late 30’s+)
– Dr. Armstrong – the Doctor (30’s+)
– Vera Claythorne – the Secretary (20’s – 30’s)
– Philip Lombard – the Adventurer (similar to Vera)
– Sir Lawrence Wargrave – the Judge (50+)
Notes: The role of Fred Narracott may be double-cast with Anthony Marston. The actors playing Vera Claythorne, Philip Lombard, and Sir Lawrence Wargrave will have additional material to memorize pertaining to the alternate endings of the play.