Thursday night performances are reserved for local groups and organizations:
This unique program provides groups and organizations with an opportunity for community-building or fundraising. The interested group or organization buys out the house (or a half house), and Masquers provides the entertainment. You experience the same show and all its theater magic in the privacy and comfort of your own group, team, or invited guests.
- As You Like It – Shakespeare’s classic reimagined and set during the Summer of Love in San Francisco featuring original songs (Available Dates: February 4, February 11, February 18)
- Rocket Man – a charming and thoughtful drama about second chances and mid-life crises (Dates Available: April 8, April 15, April 22)
- Sordid Lives – a sarcastic dark comedy about family drama and the skeletons in the closet (ahem) set in the heart of Texas (Dates Available: June 9, June 16, June 30)
- Compared to What? – an historically accurate and rich drama about the Pullman Porters in Oakland in the 1920s; written by local playwright Judith Offer (Dates Available: September 1, September 8, September 15)
- Amelie, the musical – based on the film with a cult following, this heartwarming musical explores one’s dreams and connections with others (Dates Available: November 17, December 1, December 8)
How it works:
Masquers provides you with the tickets. You can give away tickets to those in your group or sell them at a rate you set and keep all the proceeds. Additionally, Masquers plays concierge, helping you coordinate with neighborhood restaurants and bars should you wish to add dinner or drinks before or after the show. We also provide volunteers to help your attendees at the performance.
Ideas for how to make a night of It:
- Add simple hors d’oeuvres and refreshments before the show or during intermission. Our lobby volunteers are happy to serve your guests.
- Make a presentation or give awards before the show. Use the stage and spotlights.
- Make reservations for dinner or happy hour at a nearby bar or restaurant. Nearly a dozen options within 500ft of the playhouse front doors! Masquers will help you coordinate.
Masquers Playhouse can seat 86 guests
Full house – 86 seats – is $1200 | Half house – 43 seats – is $600
What others have said about the program in the past:
“This is our team’s favorite staff outing. For $14 a person, we have a chance to be together and enjoy a live performance. It’s cheaper per person than the box lunches we order for our staff meetings! We also enjoy giving out staff awards on the stage before the show. It’s like our version of the Oscars!”
“We love partnering with Masquers for this unique fundraising opportunity. We provide a little nosh before, make a fundraising presentation to our guests, and then sit back and enjoy the show. We sell the tickets for $50 and easily make three-times our initial investment.”
Booking your event is easy!
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-232-3888 (ext. 0) and leave a message. Be sure to include the following:
- Full or half house
- Performance date preference
- What are your pre-show plans (dinner or drinks at a nearby restaurant, or refreshments in our lobby, or pre-show presentation on our stage)
We will confirm your booking with 48 hours and guide you through else needed, including a 25% security deposit to hold the date.
With a limited number of Thursdays, they are sure to fill up quickly. Please reach out with any questions you may have. Also, if you know another group or organization that would be interested in participating in this program, please share this information with them.
Can’t wait to see you at the theater soon!
email@example.com or 510-232-3888 (ext. 0)